NEW YORK (AP) — Late-night host and “Carpool Karaoke” commuter James Corden will be behind the wheel at the Grammy Awards telecast in February.
It will be the first turn for Corden presiding over the Grammycast, which for the past five years has had LL Cool J as host. It airs live Feb. 12 from Los Angeles on CBS, the network and The Recording Academy announced Tuesday.
For two years Corden has hosted CBS’ “The Late Late Show,” where his popular “Carpool Karaoke” feature finds him on the road with popular entertainers in the passenger seat as they sing hit songs.
Corden hosted the Tony Awards last June, which brought him back to Broadway, where in 2012 he won a Tony of his own for his performance in the play “One Man, Two Guvnors.”
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Former Washington resident Stephanie Land's bestselling memoir inspires Netflix series 'Maid'
- Joie Des Livres brings life and culture to Seabrook, a tiny, new Olympic Peninsula beach town
- That magic moment 30 years ago when Nirvana and ‘Nevermind’ forever changed Seattle
- Seattle rapper Raz Simone threw a pop-up, drive-in concert at a Seattle Center parking lot. Here's how it went.
- Delayed Van Gogh show gets a new opening date in Seattle though still no location