Lady Gaga is opening up further on her struggles with post-traumatic stress disorder in an open letter.
The 30-year-old singer revealed her diagnosis earlier this week on the “Today” show. In an open letter posted on her foundation’s website Wednesday, Gaga writes that it’s “a daily effort” to stay calm during normal everyday activities. She says that includes “leaving the house or being touched by strangers who simply want to share their enthusiasm” for her music.
Despite her struggles, Gaga says she’s “continuing to learn how to transcend” the condition.
She says she wants to lend support to everyone suffering from PTSD, including servicemen and women, because she says “no one’s invisible pain should go unnoticed.”
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- What if you gave a book signing and nobody came? Authors and bookstores share experiences
- Searchers find 2nd hiker in area where Julian Sands missing
- Watershed festival announces 2023 lineup with Keith Urban, Luke Bryan and more
- Porn actor Ron Jeremy found unable to stand trial for rape
- 3 must-listen podcasts for book lovers