NEW YORK (AP) — Kelly Clarkson has written a new song and a bedtime story for kids — her own included.
Clarkson’s first picture book, “River Rose and the Magical Lullaby,” will be released in October by HarperCollins Children’s Books.
The publisher announced Tuesday that Clarkson has written an original lullaby for her story of a little girl who visits the zoo and has such a great time she can’t fall asleep.
Inspiration for the book’s title began at home. The 33-year-old singer and former “American Idol” star has a baby daughter, River Rose, and is expecting a second child.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- 'It's a sad day in Seattle': Hopper painting, others once promised to SAM, sold at skyscraping prices
- Multimillion-dollar art collection, once promised to SAM, now up for auction at Christie's VIEW
- Seattle high-school teacher shares 'the wonder of books' with students on a different kind of field trip VIEW
- 'Widows' review: An unconventional heist thriller so good I wanted to marry it WATCH
- 'The Ballad of Buster Scruggs': Coen brothers' Western hits the right notes WATCH