NEW YORK (AP) — Kelly Clarkson has written a new song and a bedtime story for kids — her own included.
Clarkson’s first picture book, “River Rose and the Magical Lullaby,” will be released in October by HarperCollins Children’s Books.
The publisher announced Tuesday that Clarkson has written an original lullaby for her story of a little girl who visits the zoo and has such a great time she can’t fall asleep.
Inspiration for the book’s title began at home. The 33-year-old singer and former “American Idol” star has a baby daughter, River Rose, and is expecting a second child.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- The last family-owned video store in Seattle — Reckless Video — is on the verge of closing
- Watch: Brandi Carlile and Dave Grohl busk at Seattle's Pike Place Market
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ review: a stunning, stirring, superfun send-off WATCH
- 'Jeopardy!' winner James Holzhauer keeps dominating. Does it matter if he broke the game?
- Sasquatch founder's new THING festival announces deftly curated lineup