NEW YORK (AP) — Katy Perry will be lighting up the French Rivera like fireworks next month: The singer will perform at amfAR’s annual “Cinema Against AIDS” event, the glitzy A-list fundraiser held annually during the Cannes Film Festival.
The fundraiser, which takes place just outside of Cannes in Antibes, France, will again feature Sharon Stone, amfAR’s global campaign chair; the actress had to bow out last year. Other stars set to attend include Kevin Spacey and Heidi Klum.
The May 19th event raises money to for AIDS research. More than $30 million was raised last year, according to amfAR.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Seattle rapper Raz Simone threw a pop-up, drive-in concert at a Seattle Center parking lot. Here's how it went.
- Joie Des Livres brings life and culture to Seabrook, a tiny, new Olympic Peninsula beach town
- That magic moment 30 years ago when Nirvana and ‘Nevermind’ forever changed Seattle
- Amor Towles follows 2 brothers on an epic road trip in fine new novel ‘The Lincoln Highway’
- Delayed Van Gogh show gets a new opening date in Seattle though still no location