BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (AP) — Jimmy Fallon will be in charge of the 2017 Golden Globe Awards.
Fallon will host the three-hour ceremony that’s scheduled to air Jan. 8 on NBC, the network said Tuesday.
Fallon, host of NBC’s “Tonight Show,” has a playful humor that’s a good match for the “spontaneous and uninhibited” awards show, NBC Entertainment Chairman Robert Greenblatt said.
Fallon takes over from last year’s host, Ricky Gervais, whose biting style of humor brought groans as well as laughs.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- That magic moment 30 years ago when Nirvana and ‘Nevermind’ forever changed Seattle
- Delayed Van Gogh show gets a new opening date in Seattle
- The mystery of the missing Van Gogh show: Seattle ticket holders' frustration grows
- 'East of the Mountains' review: Tom Skerritt shines as an ill man journeying home from Seattle
- Joie Des Livres brings life and culture to Seabrook, a tiny, new Olympic Peninsula beach town