NEW YORK (AP) — Jimmy Fallon donned a period costume Monday for a “Hamilton” takeoff at NBC’s annual presentation of next season’s schedule.
The “Tonight” show host walked down the aisle at Radio City Music Hall for a comic spoof on the business of television. He told the advertisers that “we’re selling you commercials at crazy rates, crazy rates.”
He joked that NBC has 10 new shows, all with “Chicago” in the name. It was a reference to Dick Wolf’s expanding franchise of Windy City-based dramas, which will include a fourth, “Chicago Justice,” next season.
Fallon received one of his biggest laughs when he previewed what advertising executives can expect this week: “See the networks lie through their teeth,” he said.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- The mystery of the missing Van Gogh show: Seattle ticket holders' frustration grows
- 'East of the Mountains' review: Tom Skerritt shines as an ill man journeying home from Seattle
- Now streaming: sci-fi epic 'Foundation,' 'The Wonder Years' revival, 'F9' and more
- Better Business Bureau warns consumers about upcoming Van Gogh event in Seattle
- Beloved 'Sex and the City' actor Willie Garson dies at 57
The NBC Universal event had its own red carpet, as stars including Miley Cyrus, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Mariah Carey, Alicia Keys, Jennifer Lopez and Seth Meyers all appeared. “Saturday Night Live” star Kate McKinnon impersonated Ellen DeGeneres.