He's talked about it, but now Pauly D is officially a member of 50 Cent's music group.
He’s talked about it, but now Pauly D is officially a member of 50 Cent’s music group.
The “Jersey Shore” star officially signed to the rapper’s G-Note label Thursday. The label focuses on dance and pop music – a good fit for Pauly D, since he’s known as a DJ as well as a reality star.
He’s been working in music since he was 16 and parlayed his success on the MTV hit series into becoming an in-demand DJ. Pauly D even joined Britney Spears for a few dates on her recent “Femme Fatal” tour as an opening act.
A few months ago Pauly D confirmed that he and the rapper were working together.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Seattle's Ken Jennings named 1st interim guest host of 'Jeopardy!'
- Alice in Chains talk wild rise, hard times ahead of receiving MoPOP Founders Award WATCH
- Brandi Carlile, Ken Jennings, others with Seattle ties earn Grammy nods
- You can’t go to live concerts. But you can listen to these 6 essential Seattle live albums WATCH
- 3 Seattle-area students' illustrations chosen for J.K. Rowling's 'The Ickabog'
50 Cent said Pauly D was a “great addition to G-Note and G-Unit family” and called him smart and creative.
Alicia Quarles is the AP’s global entertainment editor. Follow her at http://www.twitter.com/aliciaquarles