LOS ANGELES (AP) — Jennifer Lopez is stepping in front of the camera for NBC’s new “World of Dance” competition series.
The network said Wednesday that Lopez will be a judge, a role she had on “American Idol.” She was previously announced as an executive producer for “World of Dance.”
The 10-episode series will challenge contestants to demonstrate their skills in an unlimited range of dance, including hip-hop, krumping, ballet and ballroom. The winner gets $1 million.
Would-be competitors can register online at www.worldofdancecasting.com. Qualifying events will be held nationwide.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Seattle's Ken Jennings and Mayim Bialik to host 'Jeopardy!' … for now. Is that the right call?
- How to visit museums and more for free or for cheap in the Seattle area in fall 2021
- 8 terrific museum exhibits to see in the Seattle area in fall 2021
- Judge cancels Rod Stewart's trial, sets plea deal hearing
- Official: Reality TV star sentenced for Ponzi scheme, fraud
An airdate for “World of Dance” was not announced.