NEW YORK (AP) — E! network is canceling “I Am Cait” after two seasons.
The reality series chronicled the life of Caitlyn Jenner, who had formerly been Bruce Jenner, the TV personality and Olympics athlete.
It debuted a year ago to huge fanfare (and 2.7 million viewers) as part of a publicity drive accompanying Jenner’s transition from a man into a woman. Jenner’s stepdaughter Kim Kardashian and husband Kanye West, as well as her ex-wife Kris Jenner made appearances.
A second season aired in March and April of this year. But the average audience had sunk to about 700,000 viewers.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- 10 movies to look forward to in fall 2021
- Now streaming: 'Y: The Last Man,' 'The Lost Symbol,' 'The Boss Baby' sequel and more
- Judge cancels Rod Stewart's trial, sets plea deal hearing
- Exciting new art exhibitions are coming to the Seattle area in fall 2021. Here's what to see
- Official: Reality TV star sentenced for Ponzi scheme, fraud
In a statement, E! said “Caitlyn and E! have mutually decided not to move forward” with another season. It added that Jenner will continue to appear on “Keeping Up With the Kardashians.”