Master trombonist Wycliffe Gordon, scheduled to perform with the Seattle Repertory Jazz Orchestra Saturday and Sunday, April 18-19, has cancelled due to illness. Vocalist Carmen Bradford has stepped in to take his place.
Bradford worked with Count Basie in the 1980s and more recently with the Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra.
The concerts take place at 7:30 p.m. Saturday, April 18, at Benaroya Hall, 200 University St., Seattle; and at 2 p.m. Sunday, April 19, at Kirkland Performance Center, 350 Kirkland Ave., Kirkland; $47 (206-523-6159 or srjo.org).
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Soundgarden on 30 years of ‘Badmotorfinger,’ the ‘weird science project’ that became a grunge classic
- That magic moment 30 years ago when Nirvana and ‘Nevermind’ forever changed Seattle
- Delayed Van Gogh show gets a new opening date in Seattle
- 'East of the Mountains' review: Tom Skerritt shines as an ill man journeying home from Seattle
- Seattle Arts Commission co-chairs resign citing Durkan's 'lack of process' in appointing a new acting ARTS director