NEW YORK (AP) — Former “Saturday Night Live” star Jason Sudeikis will lead the cast of the world premiere stage adaptation of “Dead Poets Society.”
Classic Stage Company said Tuesday that the “Horrible Bosses” and “The Last Man on Earth” actor will play the same inspirational teacher John Keating that Robin Williams played in the hit film.
The story is about a straight-laced, conformist boys’ prep school whose harmony is disturbed when Keating arrives to teach English. Performances begin in October. More cast members will be announced later.
Academy Award winner Tom Schulman is adapting his screenplay “Dead Poets Society” for the stage and Classic Stage Company incoming artistic director John Doyle will direct.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- 10 movies to look forward to in fall 2021
- Exciting new art exhibitions are coming to the Seattle area in fall 2021. Here's what to see
- Now streaming: 'Y: The Last Man,' 'The Lost Symbol,' 'The Boss Baby' sequel and more
- Judge cancels Rod Stewart's trial, sets plea deal hearing
- 16 of the hottest shows to catch in Seattle's stacked fall 2021 concert calendar
Sudeikis became a regular cast member of “SNL” in 2005 and was known for mimicking Joe Biden and Mitt Romney.