NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Christian songwriter Jason Ingram has seven nominations at this year’s Dove Awards, including song of the year, while singer Lauren Daigle has six, including artist of the year.
The nominations were announced Wednesday in Nashville, Tennessee, where the Gospel Music Association will hold its 47th annual Dove Awards show on Oct. 16. The show will air on the Trinity Broadcasting Network.
Hillsong UNITED and Chris Tomlin have five nominations each.
Also nominated for artist of the year are Hillsong UNITED, for KING & COUNTRY, Lecrae and TobyMac. Nominees in the new artist category include Hollyn, Jordan Feliz, Stars Go Dim, Travis Greene and We Are Messengers.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Seattle native Jean Smart wins Emmy Award for lead actress in a comedy
- How John Coltrane's Seattle recording of 'A Love Supreme' was found, thanks to 2 local saxophonists
- Judge cancels Rod Stewart's trial, sets plea deal hearing
- List of Emmy winners includes Jean Smart, 'Ted Lasso' actors
- AP PHOTOS: Elegance and whimsy mix at Venice Film Festival