LOS ANGELES (AP) — Jared Leto is set to star as eccentric pop art icon Andy Warhol in an upcoming biopic.
Leto’s representative has confirmed a Hollywood Reporter story on the project.
Terence Winter is set to write the screenplay. Winter is a former writer for HBO’s “The Sopranos” and was nominated for an Oscar for his screenplay for Martin Scorsese’s, “The Wolf of Wall Street.”
Leto has a history of taking on challenging roles. He won an Academy Award in 2014 for his portrayal of a transgender woman with AIDS in “Dallas Buyers Club.” He also played John Lennon’s assassin, Mark David Chapman, in 2007’s “Chapter 27” and appeared as the Joker in “Suicide Squad” this summer
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Joie Des Livres brings life and culture to Seabrook, a tiny, new Olympic Peninsula beach town
- Seattle rapper Raz Simone threw a pop-up, drive-in concert at a Seattle Center parking lot. Here's how it went.
- That magic moment 30 years ago when Nirvana and ‘Nevermind’ forever changed Seattle
- Amor Towles follows 2 brothers on an epic road trip in fine new novel ‘The Lincoln Highway’
- Delayed Van Gogh show gets a new opening date in Seattle though still no location
Warhol died in 1987 at the age of 58.