BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (AP) — Investigation Discovery channel is joining forces with bestselling author James Patterson, who will write and executive produce a six-part scripted series for the network.
The series will be based on ID-branded true-crime stories written for Patterson’s new line of novella-length “BookShots.” The portfolio of “BookShots” will be released in conjunction with the on-air 2017 premiere of this series.
Henry Schleiff, Group President of Investigation Discovery and other Discovery networks, called Patterson the network’s “partner in crime.” Patterson has sold more than 355 million books worldwide.
Each thriller, roughly 150 pages in length, will be available for less than five dollars.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Seattle native Jean Smart wins Emmy Award for lead actress in a comedy
- 'East of the Mountains' review: Tom Skerritt shines as an ill man journeying home from Seattle
- How John Coltrane's Seattle recording of 'A Love Supreme' was found, thanks to 2 local saxophonists
- Judge cancels Rod Stewart's trial, sets plea deal hearing
- AP PHOTOS: Elegance and whimsy mix at Venice Film Festival
The announcement was made Monday at the Television Critics Association meeting.