NEW YORK (AP) — Life will imitate art — or is it the other way around? — when internet sensation Grumpy Cat joins the cast of the Broadway musical “Cats” on Friday for what will likely be a feline-good moment.
The kitty with the comical frown and feline dwarfism “will be worked into the end of the show and will become an honorary Jellicle Cat,” according to a spokesman for the show.
Grumpy Cat has become an online phenomenon with 8.7 million Facebook followers and a career selling books, T-shirts, mugs and cat food. She’s been in commercials for cereal and fast-food restaurants.
She’ll likely be at home at the Neil Simon Theatre, where Andrew Lloyd Webber’s musical returned this summer with a cast hissing loudly while wearing legwarmers and spiked hair.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- The mystery of the missing Van Gogh show: Seattle ticket holders' frustration grows
- 'East of the Mountains' review: Tom Skerritt shines as an ill man journeying home from Seattle
- Now streaming: sci-fi epic 'Foundation,' 'The Wonder Years' revival, 'F9' and more
- Better Business Bureau warns consumers about upcoming Van Gogh event in Seattle
- That magic moment 30 years ago when Nirvana and ‘Nevermind’ forever changed Seattle