NORFOLK, Va. (AP) — A recently unsealed court document says a former contestant on both “American Idol” and “Fear Factor” worked as a courier for a drug ring and was trying to deliver nearly 2 pounds (830 grams) of fentanyl when she was arrested last year.
The Virginian-Pilot reports 32-year-old Antonella Barba was back in custody Monday, following a federal indictment charging her with conspiracy to distribute cocaine, heroin and fentanyl. Barba was originally arrested last October in Norfolk Virginia.
She was previously charged with shoplifting in New York and has a felony marijuana case pending in Kansas.
Barba, of New Jersey, reached the top 16 on “American Idol” in 2007, the year Jordin Sparks won. She competed on “Fear Factor” in 2012.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Krist Novoselić finds post-Nirvana nirvana on his quiet farm and with his band Giants in the Trees
- Review: Rolling Stones, running on attitude, reward eager Seattle crowd after 13-year wait VIEW
- Now streaming: 'Avengers: Endgame,' 'The Chaperone,' 'Wild Nights with Emily'
- What to catch at the inaugural THING festival, Sasquatch founder Adam Zacks' answer to mainstream megafests
- From the archives: Here's what The Rolling Stones' first show in Seattle was like 54 years ago
Her public defender didn’t immediately respond to the newspaper’s request for comment.
Information from: The Virginian-Pilot, http://pilotonline.com