The swoon-worthy "Luther" and "The Wire" star is offering a date for charity.
For a mere $10 donation to a legit good cause — helping ensure school girls in Sierra Leone have access to education — hopeful admirers will each get 100 chances to win a date with the 44-year-old dreamboat. $25 garners 250 entries.
“We’ll get things started off with cocktails or perhaps champagne,” he croons. “And once we’re feeling comfortable, we can order whatever your heart desires: Maybe some truffles, perhaps some steak, pepper soup and fufu. That’s an African dish. … And for dessert, you can have whatever you want and I mean, whatever you want.”
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- 10 essential concerts for fall VIEW
- A guide to the Seattle art world, for newcomers and locals alike
- Dave Matthews treats Seattle fans to intimate, invite-only Columbia City Theater show VIEW
- The story of ‘Baby Shark’: How toddlers around the world made a K-pop earworm go viral
- Fall reading 2018: 9 books to curl up with this cozy time of year
The website, however, makes it marginally clear that it might not be an actual real date, like the kind that leads to intimacy and lifetime commitments, and that it won’t occur on Feb. 14.
For example, the winner is invited to bring a friend if they so desire.
To see the fundraising campaign, which ends in 34 days, or donate and earn a chance to win, go here.