NEW YORK (AP) — The Hollywood Vampires will resume their tour Tuesday night without ailing Joe Perry, who is planning to return to the stage at a later date.
A representative for the band said that Perry “will rejoin his fellow Vampires onstage again soon.” Johnny Depp and Alice Cooper also are members of the band, which is scheduled to play at the Fraze Pavilion in Kettering, Ohio, on Tuesday.
The representative said that the 65-year-old Aerosmith guitarist was “doing well” after he walked off a New York City stage Sunday during a performance and was taken to a hospital.
An administrator at Coney Island Hospital confirmed Perry had undergone tests after becoming ill while performing with the Hollywood Vampires at the Ford Amphitheater in Brooklyn’s Coney Island.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Seattle native Jean Smart wins Emmy Award for lead actress in a comedy
- Judge cancels Rod Stewart's trial, sets plea deal hearing
- Fall Arts 2021 | Your guide to the Seattle area’s most interesting shows, concerts, exhibits and more
- Seattle rapper Raz Simone threw a pop-up, drive-in concert at a Seattle Center parking lot. Here's how it went.
- List of Emmy winners includes Jean Smart, 'Ted Lasso' actors