NEW YORK (AP) — A-list stars like Helen Mirren, Audra McDonald, Neil Patrick Harris and Jake Gyllenhaal will help honor the Roundabout Theatre Company in a short film to air on NBC in New York on Saturday.
The nonprofit powerhouse theater company is celebrating its 50th anniversary with the 22-minute film. After Saturday, audiences can watch the film online at the NBC 4 New York web site.
Harris will act as host and there will be interviews with Alec Baldwin, Laura Benanti, Matthew Broderick, Kristin Chenoweth, Alan Cumming, Adam Driver, Stephen Karam, Jane Krakowski, Frank Langella, Liam Neeson and Christopher Plummer.
The film will take viewers from Roundabout’s humble beginning to its fiscal crisis in the 1980s to eventual turnaround and the crucial role it plays in theater today.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Seattle native Jean Smart wins Emmy Award for lead actress in a comedy
- Fall Arts 2021 | Your guide to the Seattle area’s most interesting shows, concerts, exhibits and more
- Judge cancels Rod Stewart's trial, sets plea deal hearing
- Seattle rapper Raz Simone threw a pop-up, drive-in concert at a Seattle Center parking lot. Here's how it went.
- AP PHOTOS: Elegance and whimsy mix at Venice Film Festival