PASADENA, Calif. (AP) — HBO says it will pull the plug on its hit comedy “Girls” after a sixth and final season next year.
The series about a group of young women in their 20s made creator and actress Lena Dunham a star, and was also a feather in the cap of veteran comic producer Judd Apatow.
The fifth season of “Girls” is set to launch on the pay cable network on Feb. 21.
Dunham said Wednesday that she conceived of “Girls” when she was 23 and now she’s about to turn 30, so it felt like the perfect time to wrap things up. Besides Dunham, the show’s cast includes Allison Williams and Adam Driver.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Meet the Seattle-area flight attendant competing on this season of 'Survivor'
- Fall Arts 2021 | Your guide to the Seattle area’s most interesting shows, concerts, exhibits and more
- Judge cancels Rod Stewart's trial, sets plea deal hearing
- NY millionaire Robert Durst guilty of best friend’s murder
- 'A big gray elephant': Paris' Arc de Triomphe is wrapped up