NEW YORK (AP) — The kid band at the heart of the Broadway musical “School of Rock” got a surprise guest during rehearsal — Guns N’ Roses star Slash.
The guitarist made a surprise appearance Friday while the pre-teen band was practicing the Guns N’ Roses song “Sweet Child O’ Mine.” He then joined in with young guitarist Brandon Niederauer, who seemed delighted.
Singer Bobbi MacKenzie didn’t notice the musician until after the song, covering her mouth in surprise. After shaking hands with the kids, Slash joined them on “Paradise City.”
The musical stays close to the plot of the Jack Black-led 2003 film, in which a wannabe rocker enlists his fifth-graders to form a rock group and conquer the Battle of the Bands.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Fall Arts 2021 | Your guide to the Seattle area’s most interesting shows, concerts, exhibits and more
- Judge cancels Rod Stewart's trial, sets plea deal hearing
- Meet the Seattle-area flight attendant competing on this season of 'Survivor'
- NY millionaire Robert Durst guilty of best friend’s murder
- Seattle rapper Raz Simone threw a pop-up, drive-in concert at a Seattle Center parking lot. Here's how it went.
Slash is touring with Guns N’ Roses.