Seattle Art Together and 206 Zulu kick off a graffiti battle Sunday, with performances by DJ's Cues, Gumbeaux and Seabefore.
‘Off the Wall’
A graffiti battle will go down Sunday.
Four-on-four crews will duke it out in Sodo, with the winning crew taking a $500 cash prize. The battle, dubbed “Off the Wall,” is coordinated by Seattle Art Together and 206 Zulu, a community-based hip-hop group. Organizers hope the event “promotes aerosol art as an authentic and viable art form.”
There will be performances by DJ’s Cues, Gumbeaux and Seabefore, as well as vendors and other artist showcases.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Seattle's immersive Van Gogh show is finally open. Does it live up to the hype?
- A 20-year-old made a movie in Seattle in the 1930s. This week, it finally makes its TV debut
- 'Eternals' review: Chloé Zhao creates a different kind of superhero movie, and it lingers long after you leave the theater
- 'Last Night in Soho' review: Anya Taylor-Joy and Thomasin McKenzie deliver a scary thriller
- 21 fun Halloween 2021 events in the Seattle area
Noon-7 p.m. Sunday, Sodo Wall, 2250 Occidental Ave S., Seattle; free (www.206zulu.com/offthewall.html).
Marian Liu, Seattle Times staff reporter