Seattle Art Together and 206 Zulu kick off a graffiti battle Sunday, with performances by DJ's Cues, Gumbeaux and Seabefore.
‘Off the Wall’
A graffiti battle will go down Sunday.
Four-on-four crews will duke it out in Sodo, with the winning crew taking a $500 cash prize. The battle, dubbed “Off the Wall,” is coordinated by Seattle Art Together and 206 Zulu, a community-based hip-hop group. Organizers hope the event “promotes aerosol art as an authentic and viable art form.”
There will be performances by DJ’s Cues, Gumbeaux and Seabefore, as well as vendors and other artist showcases.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Seattle Art Museum gets major gift, a prized art collection estimated at $400 million. Take a look.
- Now streaming: 'Minari,' 'United States vs. Billie Holiday,' a new 'Punky Brewster' and more
- Vote for the novel Moira's Book Club will read in April
- Literature from the COVID-19 era: 5 books to read if you haven’t already
- 'Minari' review: In this mesmerizing tale, a Korean American family's dream takes root in Arkansas
Noon-7 p.m. Sunday, Sodo Wall, 2250 Occidental Ave S., Seattle; free (www.206zulu.com/offthewall.html).
Marian Liu, Seattle Times staff reporter