Seattle Art Together and 206 Zulu kick off a graffiti battle Sunday, with performances by DJ's Cues, Gumbeaux and Seabefore.
‘Off the Wall’
A graffiti battle will go down Sunday.
Four-on-four crews will duke it out in Sodo, with the winning crew taking a $500 cash prize. The battle, dubbed “Off the Wall,” is coordinated by Seattle Art Together and 206 Zulu, a community-based hip-hop group. Organizers hope the event “promotes aerosol art as an authentic and viable art form.”
There will be performances by DJ’s Cues, Gumbeaux and Seabefore, as well as vendors and other artist showcases.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Brandi Carlile's emotional performance with Seattle Symphony wows the crowd
- Death Cab’s Ben Gibbard dishes on upcoming Showbox shows and long history with the embattled club
- Go backstage at 'Frozen' at Seattle's Paramount Theatre and see how an actor becomes Sven the reindeer WATCH
- Meet Lina Gonzalez-Granados, one of the first Latin American women to hold a conducting position with the Seattle Symphony
- 50 works by beloved Seattle artist Jacob Lawrence on view in expansive exhibit at Greg Kucera Gallery
Noon-7 p.m. Sunday, Sodo Wall, 2250 Occidental Ave S., Seattle; free (www.206zulu.com/offthewall.html).
Marian Liu, Seattle Times staff reporter