LOS ANGELES (AP) — A selfie of past and present “ghostbusters” is making the rounds on social media.
A photo tweeted by “Ghostbusters” director Paul Feig shows the cast of the new all-female ghostbusting team, Kristin Wiig, Melissa McCarthy, Kate McKinnon and Leslie Jones. They are shown side-by-side with Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Ernie Hudson and Annie Potts, who starred in the 1984 original and its 1989 sequel.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Seattle's Ken Jennings and Mayim Bialik to host 'Jeopardy!' … for now. Is that the right call?
- How to visit museums and more for free or for cheap in the Seattle area in fall 2021
- 8 terrific museum exhibits to see in the Seattle area in fall 2021
- Judge cancels Rod Stewart's trial, sets plea deal hearing
- Official: Reality TV star sentenced for Ponzi scheme, fraud
Both casts appeared on ABC’s “Jimmy Kimmel Live” on Wednesday night to mark “Ghostbusters Day.” The original movie was released June 8, 1984. It returned to more than 800 theaters nationwide for limited showings Wednesday night and will be shown again Sunday.
The new all-female “Ghostbusters” opens in theaters in July.