LOS ANGELES (AP) — George Clooney is frustrated by the way the media is treating Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex, comparing it to how the media covered Princess Diana.
Clooney told reporters the Meghan is “a woman who is seven months pregnant and she has been pursued and vilified and chased in the same way that Diana was and it’s history repeating itself.”
Diana died in a car crash while being pursued by paparazzi in 1997.
Clooney and his wife attended the former Meghan Markle’s wedding to Diana’s son, Prince Harry, last year.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- A group of Seattle tech expats from India have created a film, to be shown in the U.S. and India, that takes place in the PNW
- Nirvana's manager breaks his silence on Kurt Cobain | Nicole Brodeur
- 'Peterloo' review: A cast of lived-in faces lend a documentary realness to Mike Leigh's fascinating epic WATCH
- ‘Sesame Street’ is coming to Seattle this summer
- 'Wild Nights with Emily' review: A different, funny take on Emily Dickinson, with something important to say WATCH
Clooney made the comments at the Television Critics Association conference in Pasadena, California. He is promoting his upcoming Hulu series “Catch-22.”
This story has been corrected to show the spelling is Meghan not Megan.