NEW YORK (AP) — Garth Brooks is set to perform in New York City for the first time in 19 years when he takes the stage at Yankee Stadium this summer.
The country star announced Wednesday that he will play at the venue in the Bronx on July 9. His last performance in NYC was in Central Park in 1997.
Tickets, at roughly $80 with fees, go on sale May 20. His wife, country singer Trisha Yearwood, will also perform.
Brooks returned to music in 2014 after a 13-year break with the album, “Man Against Machine.” The 54-year-old is one of the best-selling acts in music history.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Former Washington resident Stephanie Land's bestselling memoir inspires Netflix series 'Maid'
- 'SNL' returning with all but one incumbent cast member
- R&B superstar R. Kelly convicted in sex trafficking trial
- Meet the outspoken Puget Sound resident on CBS' 'Tough as Nails'
- Delayed Van Gogh show gets a new opening date in Seattle though still no location