“Game of Thrones” star Maisie Williams has taken to Twitter to rewrite a recent headline about her.
Williams, who plays Arya Stark on the HBO series, tweeted to her nearly 1.3 million followers Tuesday a Daily Mail headline that read Williams “goes braless in sheer lace dress and quirky headpiece at charity masquerade ball.”
Her suggested alternative: “Game of Thrones actor, Maisie Williams, helps raise thousands at a Summer Masquerade Ball for @NSPCC.” That’s the Twitter handle for England’s National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children.
The tweet has received more than 31,000 retweets and 57,000 likes.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Seattle native Jean Smart wins Emmy Award for lead actress in a comedy
- 'East of the Mountains' review: Tom Skerritt shines as an ill man journeying home from Seattle
- How John Coltrane's Seattle recording of 'A Love Supreme' was found, thanks to 2 local saxophonists
- Judge cancels Rod Stewart's trial, sets plea deal hearing
- AP PHOTOS: Elegance and whimsy mix at Venice Film Festival
The 19-year-old Williams started on “Game of Thrones” when she was 12 in her first-ever acting job.