Many Seattle museums drop their admission charge on the First Thursday of every month.
Here’s a whole slate of opportunities for a fun, free and easy outing. Today is First Thursday, when the following Seattle museums offer free admission:
EMP/SFM (Experience Music Project and Science Fiction Museum) at Seattle Center. Adult admission usually $15. Free 5-8 p.m. today. See www.empsfm.org.
Seattle Art Museum, downtown. Adult admission usually $15. Free 10 a.m.-9 p.m. today. See www.seattleartmuseum.org.
Northwest African American Museum, in the Mount Baker neighborhood. Adult admission usually $6. Free 11 a.m.-7 p.m. today. See www.naamnw.org.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Michelle Obama discusses her book 'Becoming' with local book club members before Tacoma Dome talk VIEW
- 'Super Troopers' stars set their new firefighter comedy, 'Tacoma FD,' in our region. Why?
- End of the Rainbow, Sasquatch replacement festival, 'postponed indefinitely'
- Vote for which book you'd like to read for Round 2 of Moira's Book Club discussions
- Crime fiction: Jasper Fforde's 'Early Riser' is not your average mystery novel
Burke Museum of Natural History and Culture, at the University of Washington. Adult admission usually $9.50. Free 10 a.m.-8 p.m. today. See www.washington.edu/burkemuseum.
Museum of History & Industry, in the Montlake district. Adult admission usually $8. Free 10 a.m.-8 p.m. today. See seattlehistory.org.
Museum of Flight, at Boeing Field. Adult admission usually $14. Free 5-9 p.m. today. See www.museumofflight.org.
Wing Luke Asian Museum, in Chinatown International District. Adult admission usually $8. Free 10 a.m.-8 p.m. today. See www.wingluke.org.
Seattle Asian Art Museum, in Volunteer Park. Adult admission usually $7. Free 10 a.m.-9 p.m. today. See www.seattleartmuseum.org/visit/visitSAAM.asp.
And on Friday:
Bellevue Arts Museum, downtown Bellevue. Adult admission usually $9. Free 11 a.m.-8 p.m. tomorrow (and every First Friday). See www.bellevuearts.org.
For more details, see “Museum Events” in Datebook, Page 7.