Many Seattle museums drop their admission charge on the First Thursday of every month.
Here’s a whole slate of opportunities for a fun, free and easy outing. Today is First Thursday, when the following Seattle museums offer free admission:
EMP/SFM (Experience Music Project and Science Fiction Museum) at Seattle Center. Adult admission usually $15. Free 5-8 p.m. today. See www.empsfm.org.
Seattle Art Museum, downtown. Adult admission usually $15. Free 10 a.m.-9 p.m. today. See www.seattleartmuseum.org.
Northwest African American Museum, in the Mount Baker neighborhood. Adult admission usually $6. Free 11 a.m.-7 p.m. today. See www.naamnw.org.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- In less than a year, Seattle-Tacoma rapper Jay Loud went from homelessness to landing a record deal
- 'Ford v Ferrari' review: Hold on for a thrilling ride with Christian Bale, Matt Damon WATCH
- Did you know Seattle has a thriving sea-shanty scene? Get onboard with singalongs and shows
- 'The Irishman' review: Martin Scorsese's gangster epic masterfully unfolds WATCH
- 'We love you, Alex!' Contestant on 'Jeopardy!' moves Trebek
Burke Museum of Natural History and Culture, at the University of Washington. Adult admission usually $9.50. Free 10 a.m.-8 p.m. today. See www.washington.edu/burkemuseum.
Museum of History & Industry, in the Montlake district. Adult admission usually $8. Free 10 a.m.-8 p.m. today. See seattlehistory.org.
Museum of Flight, at Boeing Field. Adult admission usually $14. Free 5-9 p.m. today. See www.museumofflight.org.
Wing Luke Asian Museum, in Chinatown International District. Adult admission usually $8. Free 10 a.m.-8 p.m. today. See www.wingluke.org.
Seattle Asian Art Museum, in Volunteer Park. Adult admission usually $7. Free 10 a.m.-9 p.m. today. See www.seattleartmuseum.org/visit/visitSAAM.asp.
And on Friday:
Bellevue Arts Museum, downtown Bellevue. Adult admission usually $9. Free 11 a.m.-8 p.m. tomorrow (and every First Friday). See www.bellevuearts.org.
For more details, see “Museum Events” in Datebook, Page 7.