NEW YORK (AP) — The furry stars of “Fraggle Rock” are coming back home.
The Jim Henson Co. said it has arranged to remaster the 1980s children’s series for a new generation and it will be made available on HBO and its streaming and on demand platforms later this year.
“Fraggle Rock” premiered on HBO in 1983. Over 96 episodes, the series introduced 100 original songs and the puppet stars promoted the virtues of friendship, diversity and taking care of the planet.
“Fraggle Rock” will become available in high definition, giving fans a colorful look at the Fraggles, Gorgs and Doozers.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Soundgarden on 30 years of ‘Badmotorfinger,’ the ‘weird science project’ that became a grunge classic
- That magic moment 30 years ago when Nirvana and ‘Nevermind’ forever changed Seattle
- Delayed Van Gogh show gets a new opening date in Seattle
- 'East of the Mountains' review: Tom Skerritt shines as an ill man journeying home from Seattle
- Seattle Arts Commission co-chairs resign citing Durkan's 'lack of process' in appointing a new acting ARTS director