BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (AP) — Worlds are colliding on Fox as Andy Samberg’s “Brooklyn Nine-Nine” character Jake is about to meet Jess from “New Girl,” played by Zooey Deschanel.
The network announced Monday at an annual summer event for TV critics that characters from “New Girl” and “Brooklyn Nine-Nine” will crossover in back-to-back episodes airing Oct. 11.
The only plot detail revealed is that the “New Girl” gang will head to New York, where they meet the crew from the “Nine-Nine” precinct.
This isn’t the first series combo event for the network. Last season “Bones” and “Sleepy Hollow” also crossed over, to ratings success.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Seattle's Ken Jennings and Mayim Bialik to host 'Jeopardy!' … for now. Is that the right call?
- How to visit museums and more for free or for cheap in the Seattle area in fall 2021
- 8 terrific museum exhibits to see in the Seattle area in fall 2021
- Judge cancels Rod Stewart's trial, sets plea deal hearing
- Official: Reality TV star sentenced for Ponzi scheme, fraud
“New Girl” premieres its sixth season and “Brooklyn Nine-Nine” debuts season four Sept. 20 on Fox.