NEW YORK (AP) — Fox Business Network personality John Stossel says he’s being treated for lung cancer.
In a commentary posted on the Fox News website Wednesday, Stossel writes that his doctors have told him his cancer was “caught early” and that he’ll be “fine.” He says one-fifth of a lung was removed, but says he was told that soon he’d “barely notice” the loss.
Stossel describes his medical care at New York-Presbyterian Hospital as “excellent,” but speaking in his role as a consumer reporter, adds that “the hospital’s customer service stinks.”
He spent the bulk of the opinion piece listing lapses in the hospital’s service in the absence of a free-market system for health care.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Former Washington resident Stephanie Land's bestselling memoir inspires Netflix series 'Maid'
- That magic moment 30 years ago when Nirvana and ‘Nevermind’ forever changed Seattle
- Joie Des Livres brings life and culture to Seabrook, a tiny, new Olympic Peninsula beach town
- Seattle rapper Raz Simone threw a pop-up, drive-in concert at a Seattle Center parking lot. Here's how it went.
- Delayed Van Gogh show gets a new opening date in Seattle though still no location
New York-Presbyterian Hospital had no immediate response.
Stossel appears on Fox Business Network and on Fox News Channel.