TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — Former Florida Democratic gubernatorial nominee Andrew Gillum is joining CNN as a political commentator.
The cable network announced the move Tuesday. The former Tallahassee mayor ran for governor last year but narrowly lost to former U.S. Rep. Ron DeSantis.
Despite his loss in the governor’s race, Gillum is among the young Democratic Party liberals who excited party activists nationally. Gillum hasn’t ruled out another run for office and has been an outspoken critic of President Donald Trump.
Earlier this month, the Institute of Politics at Harvard Kennedy School announced Gillum would be a 2019 resident fellow during the spring semester.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Review: Queen + Adam Lambert conquer Tacoma Dome with blockbuster panache on Rhapsody tour
- 2 glassblowers, from Seattle and Tacoma, feel the fire on new Netflix competition 'Blown Away' WATCH
- 'The Farewell' review: Universal tale of family love, with Awkwafina, is truly incredible WATCH
- The real-life family lie that inspired director Lulu Wang's 'The Farewell,' starring Awkwafina
- KUBE 93.3's Summer Jam comeback concert is canceled
Florida’s ethics commission last Friday said there’s probable cause that Gillum violated the state’s ethics law but Gillum has insisted he’s done nothing wrong and is challenging the decision.