TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — Former Florida Democratic gubernatorial nominee Andrew Gillum is joining CNN as a political commentator.
The cable network announced the move Tuesday. The former Tallahassee mayor ran for governor last year but narrowly lost to former U.S. Rep. Ron DeSantis.
Despite his loss in the governor’s race, Gillum is among the young Democratic Party liberals who excited party activists nationally. Gillum hasn’t ruled out another run for office and has been an outspoken critic of President Donald Trump.
Earlier this month, the Institute of Politics at Harvard Kennedy School announced Gillum would be a 2019 resident fellow during the spring semester.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Is Ringo Starr the most underrated drummer ever? Seattle drummers give their take
- ‘Dreamland’ is the top national fiction bestseller
- Sacheen Littlefeather, actor who declined Brando Oscar, dies
- 15 things to do in the Seattle area this weekend
- Ed Sheeran's Mathematics Tour coming to Seattle's Lumen Field
Florida’s ethics commission last Friday said there’s probable cause that Gillum violated the state’s ethics law but Gillum has insisted he’s done nothing wrong and is challenging the decision.