NEW YORK (AP) — Forbes has crowned Beyonce as the highest paid woman in music.
Forbes magazine says the singer earned $105 million over a yearlong period stretching from June 2016 to June of this year. Beyonce’s earnings were boosted by her “Formation” world tour last year, which Forbes says grossed $250 million.
Runner-up Adele also enjoyed a successful year on the road. Her tour helped contribute to $69 million in earnings.
Taylor Swift, Celine Dion and Jennifer Lopez complete the top five highest female earners in the business.
Dolly Parton is a surprising sixth. Forbes says the 71-year-old brought in $37 million with the help of 63 shows during the yearlong period.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Review: Seattle's Day In Day Out festival steps out of Capitol Hill Block Party's shadow in focused year 2
- ‘The 6:20 Man’ is the top national fiction bestseller
- Review: Backstreet Boys, in White River Amphitheatre show, bring back the nostalgia
- LAPD ends investigation into Anne Heche car crash
- Now streaming: 'Everything Everywhere All at Once' available on VOD, 'Black Bird' on Apple TV+ and more