NEW YORK (AP) — Foo Fighters, Stevie Nicks, Norah Jones and Don Henley will honor Tom Petty when he’s named MusiCares Person of the Year next year.
The Recording Academy announced Friday that George Strait, Lucinda Williams and Randy Newman will also pay tribute to Petty at the Los Angeles Convention Center on Feb. 10, 2017.
The MusiCares event will be held two days before the 2017 Grammy Awards. T Bone Burnett will work as musical director. Others set to perform Petty tunes include Jackson Browne, Kings of Leon, the Bangles, Gary Clark Jr., Jeff Lynne, Chris Hillman, Herb Pedersen, Regina Spektor and Elle King.
Petty and the Heartbreakers will close the show. Ringo Starr and Olivia Harrison, the event’s tribute chairs, will attend.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- 10 movies to look forward to in fall 2021
- Now streaming: 'Y: The Last Man,' 'The Lost Symbol,' 'The Boss Baby' sequel and more
- Exciting new art exhibitions are coming to the Seattle area in fall 2021. Here's what to see
- Judge cancels Rod Stewart's trial, sets plea deal hearing
- Official: Reality TV star sentenced for Ponzi scheme, fraud
Additional performers will be announced at a later date.