CORAL GABLES, Fla. (AP) — A South Florida property once owned by Cher has sold for more than $23 million.
The Miami Herald (http://hrld.us/29QTFpQ ) reports it’s the second-highest residential sale in Miami-Dade County this year. The home was put on the market three months ago for $28 million. It sold for $23.46 million.
Listing agent Judy Zeder of EWM Realty International says the custom-built home has views of downtown Miami and Biscayne Bay.
County property records show a trust controlled by Cher owned the property from 1995 to 1997. It’s unclear whether the singer/actress lived there. She also owned homes in Miami Beach and Key Biscayne.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Seattle native Jean Smart wins Emmy Award for lead actress in a comedy
- How John Coltrane's Seattle recording of 'A Love Supreme' was found, thanks to 2 local saxophonists
- Judge cancels Rod Stewart's trial, sets plea deal hearing
- AP PHOTOS: Elegance and whimsy mix at Venice Film Festival
- List of Emmy winners includes Jean Smart, 'Ted Lasso' actors
The seller is Adrianne Mittentag. She and her husband Paul, who died earlier this year, bought the property for $2.32 million in 1997. The name of the buyer isn’t yet available in property records.
This story has been corrected to show that Cher owned the property where the mansion was built, not the mansion.