LOS ANGELES (AP) — A stunt performer says he’s OK after being hit in the neck with a flaming arrow during a live broadcast of NBC’s “America’s Got Talent” on Tuesday.
Sword swallower Ryan Stock had downed a long rod with a target on the end for his fiancee AmberLynn Walker to shoot at with her crossbow. Her flaming arrow missed the mark and hit Stock in the neck. The judges and crowd sat in stunned silence before Stock told host Nick Cannon he was OK.
Simon Cowell interrupted fellow judge Heidi Klum to implore Stock to seek medical attention. Cannon later said Stock was checked out by an EMT.
Stock later blamed a “mechanical failure” for the mishap. He says on Twitter that he was “very fortunate to walk away.”
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Meet the Seattle-area flight attendant competing on this season of 'Survivor'
- NY millionaire Robert Durst guilty of best friend’s murder
- Judge cancels Rod Stewart's trial, sets plea deal hearing
- 'A big gray elephant': Paris' Arc de Triomphe is wrapped up
- Netflix's 'The Queen's Gambit' said the first female grandmaster 'never faced men.' Now she's suing.