An 8,500-square-foot ice skating trail is part of Enchant Christmas coming to Safeco Field this winter.
This holiday season, Safeco Field will ditch the pristine baseball green and peanut-strewn dugouts for a chillier sport: ice skating. Enchant Christmas will aim to transform the sports arena with an 8,500-square-foot ice skating trail, a large light maze, and a Christmas market.
The skating trail is a 350-foot-long lazy river-style loop installed infield, with light sculptures, Christmas trees, and illuminated archways. (Ice skates will be available to rent for $10.) It takes about 6 to 8 people some 16 days to install.
It’s all part of the Enchant Christmas event, which, from Nov. 23-Dec. 30 will also include an elaborate light maze in Safeco’s outfield, and a marketplace with various vendors selling everything from home decor and jewelry to holiday-themed gourmet foods in the perimeter of the field. There will also be live music and opportunities to meet Santa and Mrs. Claus.
This is the first year the Enchant Christmas event is in Seattle, and indoors. It’s produced by Vancouver-based Shine Lighting Group, a Christmas light company that debuted the event in downtown Vancouver in 2016 and followed up with another in Arlington, Texas in 2017.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Review: Elton John's gleeful goodbye tour lights up Tacoma Dome VIEW
- Maple Valley’s Benicio Bryant falls short of top prize on ‘America’s Got Talent’ finale
- Why go to the theater? It's inconvenient. It can be uncomfortable. And here's why I love it.
- 10 new releases our critic Moira Macdonald thinks book lovers will enjoy in fall 2019
- 'Ad Astra' review: an intriguing space odyssey with Brad Pitt WATCH
Enchant Christmas. Nov. 23-Dec. 30; Safeco Field, 1250 First Ave. S., Seattle; tickets start at $19.99 for single tickets, $69.99 for family 4-pack; VIP tickets also available; enchantchristmas.com/seattle