An 8,500-square-foot ice skating trail is part of Enchant Christmas coming to Safeco Field this winter.
This holiday season, Safeco Field will ditch the pristine baseball green and peanut-strewn dugouts for a chillier sport: ice skating. Enchant Christmas will aim to transform the sports arena with an 8,500-square-foot ice skating trail, a large light maze, and a Christmas market.
The skating trail is a 350-foot-long lazy river-style loop installed infield, with light sculptures, Christmas trees, and illuminated archways. (Ice skates will be available to rent for $10.) It takes about 6 to 8 people some 16 days to install.
It’s all part of the Enchant Christmas event, which, from Nov. 23-Dec. 30 will also include an elaborate light maze in Safeco’s outfield, and a marketplace with various vendors selling everything from home decor and jewelry to holiday-themed gourmet foods in the perimeter of the field. There will also be live music and opportunities to meet Santa and Mrs. Claus.
This is the first year the Enchant Christmas event is in Seattle, and indoors. It’s produced by Vancouver-based Shine Lighting Group, a Christmas light company that debuted the event in downtown Vancouver in 2016 and followed up with another in Arlington, Texas in 2017.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Not even a goodbye: KIRO abruptly cancels 'The Ron & Don Show'
- Q13 Fox staffer fired after TV station airs altered Trump video WATCH
- The Who's symphonic Moving On! tour coming to Seattle's T-Mobile Park, backed by local orchestra
- Effervescent 'Hello, Dolly!' icon Carol Channing mourned VIEW
- 'Rampage: MacArthur, Yamashita, and the Battle of Manila': A harrowing chronicle of a dark corner of World War II
Enchant Christmas. Nov. 23-Dec. 30; Safeco Field, 1250 First Ave. S., Seattle; tickets start at $19.99 for single tickets, $69.99 for family 4-pack; VIP tickets also available; enchantchristmas.com/seattle