Emma Stone says she was jealous of fellow star Jennifer Lawrence’s early success before the two became friends.
Stone tells Vanity Fair for a cover story on Lawrence that she thought Lawrence was “so great and vibrant and talented” that she would have a negative impact on Stone’s career.
Stone says she soon remembered she and Lawrence are “completely different and there is room for everyone, even if it’s an industry that doesn’t really seem to support that idea up front.”
Now, she says she and Lawrence “really do love each other and care about each other as people.” She says she knows they’d be friends, even if they didn’t have the same job.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Soundgarden on 30 years of ‘Badmotorfinger,’ the ‘weird science project’ that became a grunge classic
- That magic moment 30 years ago when Nirvana and ‘Nevermind’ forever changed Seattle
- Delayed Van Gogh show gets a new opening date in Seattle though still no location
- Seattle rapper Raz Simone threw a pop-up, drive-in concert at a Seattle Center parking lot. Here's how it went.
- Amor Towles follows 2 brothers on an epic road trip in fine new novel ‘The Lincoln Highway’