WEST HOLLYWOOD, Calif. (AP) — Elton John is indelibly connected with the Academy Awards for his long-running Oscar-night party.
But on Saturday, he created a new connection with a surprise concert in West Hollywood featuring Oscar nominee Lady Gaga, who is set to perform during Sunday’s Oscar show.
The singer shut down several blocks of the Sunset Strip for the hour-long show.
The two singers performed John’s 1974 hit “Don’t Let the Sun Go Down on Me” together, with Elton John dedicating the concert to the city of West Hollywood for its support of the Elton John AIDS Foundation.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Soundgarden on 30 years of ‘Badmotorfinger,’ the ‘weird science project’ that became a grunge classic
- That magic moment 30 years ago when Nirvana and ‘Nevermind’ forever changed Seattle
- Delayed Van Gogh show gets a new opening date in Seattle
- 'East of the Mountains' review: Tom Skerritt shines as an ill man journeying home from Seattle
- Now streaming: sci-fi epic 'Foundation,' 'The Wonder Years' revival, 'F9' and more
Lady Gaga’s “Till It Happens to You” is nominated for best original song.