1. No purchase necessary to enter. The Sweepstakes is open to Washington state residents age 18 or older at the time of entry. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law. One entry per person; one winner per household.
2. Employees, and immediate family members (dependents under IRS rules), contractors, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies of The Seattle Times are not eligible.
3. How to enter: Go to seattletimes.com/entertainment and click on “Election Map Challenge.” Entries may be submitted between 12:01 a.m. Nov. 3, 2016 and 11 a.m. Nov. 8, 2016.
4. Entries must be received by 11 a.m. Nov. 8. To enter, fill out the interactive map by clicking one for blue (Clinton), twice for red (Trump) and three times for yellow (Other). Choose which presidential candidate you think will win that state or district’s popularity vote on election day. The Winner will be the one entry that guesses the most states correctly. In the event of a tie, a random drawing will determine the winner. Winner need not be present to win. One winner will receive $100 gift card from Wasabi restaurant and choice of one candidate coloring book. The winner will be notified by Nov. 11 (later if any states are unknown or contested). No cash equivalent or substitution of any prize is offered
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Seattle's Ken Jennings and Mayim Bialik to host 'Jeopardy!' … for now. Is that the right call?
- Meet the Seattle-area flight attendant competing on this season of 'Survivor'
- Judge cancels Rod Stewart's trial, sets plea deal hearing
- How to visit museums and more for free or for cheap in the Seattle area in fall 2021
- 8 terrific museum exhibits to see in the Seattle area in fall 2021
5. Winner will be notified, by phone or email, on or around Nov. 11. Odds of winning depend of number of entries received. To request the name of the prize winner, mail a stamped, self-addressed envelope to The Seattle Times, c/o Election Map Contest, P.O. Box 70, Seattle, WA, 98111-0070
6. Winners are responsible for all taxes and liabilities associated with each prize. The Seattle Times reserves the right to require any forms for eligibility and/or tax purposes within 7 days of notification and prior to prize redemption. Noncompliance may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Sweepstakes entrants agree to abide by the terms of these official Rules and by the decisions of the Sweepstakes commissioners at The Seattle Times, which are final on all matters pertaining to the Sweepstakes.
7. The Seattle Times is not responsible for late, lost, misdirected or any entries that lack sufficient postage; or any computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions that may occur. The Sweepstakes can be canceled, terminated, modified or suspended at any time for any reason by the aforementioned company.
8. Entrants agree to release The Seattle Times and all Sweepstakes sponsors from any and all liability resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes or use of any prize won. Entrants further consent to release to the aforementioned companies the use of each winner’s proper name, city, and state for purposes of advertising any other media or trade in connection with the Sweepstakes without further compensation. The aforementioned companies further reserve the right to use any and all information related to the Sweepstakes, including information on entrants Sweepstakes obtained through the Sweepstakes, for marketing purposes or any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
This Sweepstakes is sponsored by The Seattle Times, PO Box 70, Seattle, WA 98111-0070. For questions regarding this particular promotion, you may call the promotions department at (206) 652-6307.