NEW YORK (AP) — The author of “Eat Pray Love” is splitting up with her husband, whom she describes meeting at the end of her million-selling memoir.
Elizabeth Gilbert announced on her Facebook page Friday that she was separating from Jose Nunes after being together for 12 years, and married since 2007. She called the parting “very amicable” and the reasons “very personal.” The posting was confirmed by Gilbert’s publicist at Riverhead Books, Jynne Martin.
Gilbert’s book, published in 2006 and adapted into a film of the same name starring Julia Roberts, tells of her worldwide journey in the wake of breaking up with her first husband.
Gilbert, 46, wrote at length about her marriage to Nunes in the 2010 best-seller “Committed: A Love Story.” She has also written novels and short stories.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Meet the Seattle-area flight attendant competing on this season of 'Survivor'
- NY millionaire Robert Durst guilty of best friend’s murder
- 'A big gray elephant': Paris' Arc de Triomphe is wrapped up
- Judge cancels Rod Stewart's trial, sets plea deal hearing
- Netflix's 'The Queen's Gambit' said the first female grandmaster 'never faced men.' Now she's suing.