STOCKHOLM (AP) — Bob Dylan couldn’t make it to Stockholm to pick up his literature award or attend the Nobel ceremonies, but he’ll be here with his band in April for a few gigs.
Live Nation entertainment group says the new Nobel Prize winner will give two concerts at the Waterfront in the Swedish capital April 1-2, as well as playing in the southwestern city of Lund on April 9.
Dylan’s previous gigs in Sweden were two sold-out concerts in 2015 at the Waterfront, which has a capacity of 3,000.
Dylan declined the invitation to the Dec. 10 Nobel ceremony and banquet, pleading other commitments, but expressed awe at receiving the Nobel Prize in literature and thanked the Swedish Academy for including him among the “giants” of writing.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- What if you gave a book signing and nobody came? Authors and bookstores share experiences
- Watershed festival announces 2023 lineup with Keith Urban, Luke Bryan and more
- New movies in Seattle-area theaters this week: 'Infinity Pool,' 'Fear'
- Jay Leno breaks bones in motorcycle wreck months after fire
- Searchers find 2nd hiker in area where Julian Sands missing