STOCKHOLM (AP) — Bob Dylan couldn’t make it to Stockholm to pick up his literature award or attend the Nobel ceremonies, but he’ll be here with his band in April for a few gigs.
Live Nation entertainment group says the new Nobel Prize winner will give two concerts at the Waterfront in the Swedish capital April 1-2, as well as playing in the southwestern city of Lund on April 9.
Dylan’s previous gigs in Sweden were two sold-out concerts in 2015 at the Waterfront, which has a capacity of 3,000.
Dylan declined the invitation to the Dec. 10 Nobel ceremony and banquet, pleading other commitments, but expressed awe at receiving the Nobel Prize in literature and thanked the Swedish Academy for including him among the “giants” of writing.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Former Washington resident Stephanie Land's bestselling memoir inspires Netflix series 'Maid'
- R&B superstar R. Kelly convicted in sex trafficking trial
- 'SNL' returning with all but one incumbent cast member
- Delayed Van Gogh show gets a new opening date in Seattle though still no location
- The mystery of the missing Van Gogh show: Seattle ticket holders' frustration grows