NEW YORK (AP) — Former WWE champ Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson can add People’s “Sexiest Man Alive” title to his list of accomplishments.
The wrestler-turned-actor was crowned this year’s winner Tuesday morning. The 44-year-old tells the magazine that the honor means he has “pretty much reached the pinnacle.” Johnson is set to discuss his new status with Ellen DeGeneres on her talk show Tuesday.
Last year’s winner was British soccer standout David Beckham. Other recent winners include Chris Hemsworth, Adam Levine and Channing Tatum.
Johnson has lent his voice to a character in the animated Disney film “Moana,” which hits theaters next week.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Seattle's Ken Jennings and Mayim Bialik to host 'Jeopardy!' … for now. Is that the right call?
- Meet the Seattle-area flight attendant competing on this season of 'Survivor'
- Judge cancels Rod Stewart's trial, sets plea deal hearing
- How to visit museums and more for free or for cheap in the Seattle area in fall 2021
- 8 terrific museum exhibits to see in the Seattle area in fall 2021