NEW YORK (AP) — Dwayne Johnson elbowed Robert Downey Jr. aside to become the highest-paid actor with a fast and furious income of $64.5 million, according to Forbes magazine.
The former wrestler beat out Jackie Chan with $61 million and Matt Damon, who earned $55 million. The rest of the top five on the list, released Thursday, included Tom Cruise with $53 million and Johnny Depp with $48 million.
The top guys make more money than the top ladies. Forbes’ list of the highest-paid actresses, released earlier this week, put Jennifer Lawrence on top with $46 million, Melissa McCarthy with $33 million and Scarlett Johansson with $25 million.
All the data is from between June 1, 2015, and June 1, 2016, before fees and taxes.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Longtime PNB dancer Lesley Rausch prepares for final bows WATCH
- Catherine Carlile awarded MLK Medal in Seattle for social justice advocacy
- Things fall apart between a married couple and a best friend in 'The Three of Us'
- Kirkland-based author Robert Dugoni shares what he's been reading
- 'Transformers: Rise of the Beasts' review: There's more here than meets the eye WATCH