NEW YORK (AP) — Dwayne Johnson elbowed Robert Downey Jr. aside to become the highest-paid actor with a fast and furious income of $64.5 million, according to Forbes magazine.
The former wrestler beat out Jackie Chan with $61 million and Matt Damon, who earned $55 million. The rest of the top five on the list, released Thursday, included Tom Cruise with $53 million and Johnny Depp with $48 million.
The top guys make more money than the top ladies. Forbes’ list of the highest-paid actresses, released earlier this week, put Jennifer Lawrence on top with $46 million, Melissa McCarthy with $33 million and Scarlett Johansson with $25 million.
All the data is from between June 1, 2015, and June 1, 2016, before fees and taxes.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Former Washington resident Stephanie Land's bestselling memoir inspires Netflix series 'Maid'
- 'SNL' returning with all but one incumbent cast member
- R&B superstar R. Kelly convicted in sex trafficking trial
- Meet the outspoken Puget Sound resident on CBS' 'Tough as Nails'
- Delayed Van Gogh show gets a new opening date in Seattle though still no location