CHICAGO (AP) — A suburban Chicago girl awaiting a heart transplant has danced her way into a meeting with Drake.
The Canadian rapper visited 11-year-old Sofia Sanchez on Monday at the Lurie Children’s Hospital during his tour’s stop in Chicago. He shared photos on Instagram, saying they had talked about Justin Bieber and basketball.
Drake visited Sanchez after seeing the Downers Grove girl’s video version of his song, “In My Feelings,” which inspired a viral dance craze.
In her video, Sanchez dances in a hospital hallway while tethered to her IV pump, and she says she loves Drake’s music and asks if he can come cheer her up for her birthday. She turned 11 on Saturday.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Gloria Vanderbilt, heiress, jeans queen, dies at 95 VIEW
- Books by Steve Jobs' daughter, Robert Galbraith (aka J.K. Rowling) among our Paperback Picks VIEW
- At historic Royal Esquire Club, members add new energy amid a changing Seattle
- Prohibition-era murals discovered during renovations of former Louisa Hotel VIEW
- 'The Last Black Man in San Francisco' review: a heartfelt tale of a city, friendship, home and hope WATCH