LOS ANGELES (AP) — “Downton Abbey” star Dame Maggie Smith wants Emmy host Jimmy Kimmel to show her where her Emmy is.
Kimmel joked during his Emmy monologue Sunday night that stars had to be present to win under what he called “the Maggie Smith rule.” The British actress had been nominated nine times for Emmys and won three without ever showing up.
When Smith won again on Sunday night, Kimmel took the statuette from presenter Minnie Driver and said, “We’re not mailing this to her. Maggie, if you want this, it will be in the lost and found.”
The 81-year-old Smith responded Monday with a message on the Masterpiece Theater Twitter account, saying “If Mr. Kimmel could please direct me to the lost and found office I will be on the next flight.”
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Soundgarden on 30 years of ‘Badmotorfinger,’ the ‘weird science project’ that became a grunge classic
- That magic moment 30 years ago when Nirvana and ‘Nevermind’ forever changed Seattle
- Delayed Van Gogh show gets a new opening date in Seattle
- 'East of the Mountains' review: Tom Skerritt shines as an ill man journeying home from Seattle
- Seattle Arts Commission co-chairs resign citing Durkan's 'lack of process' in appointing a new acting ARTS director