NEW YORK (AP) — The final season of the popular British drama “Downton Abbey” will begin on Jan. 3, leading up to a finale on the first weekend of March, PBS announced Monday.
The show has been both a creative and ratings triumph for the network. On the Sunday before its final episode, PBS will air a marathon of the season up to that point and a behind-the-scenes program on how the show was made.
The network will also try to use “Downton Abbey” as a launching pad for “Mercy Street,” a Civil War drama premiering Jan. 17 directly after an episode of the outgoing hit.
PBS also has a new two-part Ken Burns documentary on Jackie Robinson that will premiere in April to coincide with the start of a new baseball season.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Fall Arts 2021 | Your guide to the Seattle area’s most interesting shows, concerts, exhibits and more
- Judge cancels Rod Stewart's trial, sets plea deal hearing
- Meet the Seattle-area flight attendant competing on this season of 'Survivor'
- Seattle rapper Raz Simone threw a pop-up, drive-in concert at a Seattle Center parking lot. Here's how it went.
- NY millionaire Robert Durst guilty of best friend’s murder