Director Kevin Smith is taking on an online troll who called his daughter “ugly” and “talentless” and wished her dead on Instagram.
Smith posted on Facebook the comment he says his 17-year-old daughter, Harley Quinn Smith, received after posting a picture of herself on Instagram. Smith writes that his daughter took the comment in stride and was “bemused by the bitterness.”
He says the commenter would be better off making his “own dreams come true, instead of slamming others for doing the same.”
Smith directed his daughter in “Yoga Hosers,” which is set for wide release next month.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Soundgarden on 30 years of ‘Badmotorfinger,’ the ‘weird science project’ that became a grunge classic
- That magic moment 30 years ago when Nirvana and ‘Nevermind’ forever changed Seattle
- Delayed Van Gogh show gets a new opening date in Seattle
- 'East of the Mountains' review: Tom Skerritt shines as an ill man journeying home from Seattle
- Seattle Arts Commission co-chairs resign citing Durkan's 'lack of process' in appointing a new acting ARTS director