LOS ANGELES (AP) — Singer Demi Lovato has deleted her Twitter account following criticism that she was laughing at memes about 21 Savage.
The Grammy-nominated rapper was taken into federal immigration custody in the Atlanta area early Sunday. An official says the rapper is a British citizen who overstayed his visa and is also has a felony conviction.
Lovato had tweeted: “So far 21 savage memes have been my favorite part of the Super Bowl.” She later clarified she wasn’t laughing “at anyone getting deported.”
The rapper Wale tweeted he didn’t get the joke and rapper Migos wrote it wasn’t funny.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Meet the Seattle-area flight attendant competing on this season of 'Survivor'
- Fall Arts 2021 | Your guide to the Seattle area’s most interesting shows, concerts, exhibits and more
- NY millionaire Robert Durst guilty of best friend’s murder
- Judge cancels Rod Stewart's trial, sets plea deal hearing
- 'A big gray elephant': Paris' Arc de Triomphe is wrapped up
Some users thought it was wrong for others to criticize Lovato, who was hospitalized in July following a drug overdose.