NEW YORK (AP) — Former NBC “Meet the Press” moderator David Gregory is joining CNN as a Washington-based political analyst.
CNN said Monday that Gregory will appear primarily on “New Day,” the network’s morning news show.
Gregory left NBC News after 20 years in 2014. The network’s management, concerned about fading ratings on a show that dominated Sunday-morning political television for years, replaced him with Chuck Todd.
Gregory is also the author of “How’s Your Faith,” which discusses his spiritual and religious background.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Seattle rapper Raz Simone threw a pop-up, drive-in concert at a Seattle Center parking lot. Here's how it went.
- Joie Des Livres brings life and culture to Seabrook, a tiny, new Olympic Peninsula beach town
- That magic moment 30 years ago when Nirvana and ‘Nevermind’ forever changed Seattle
- Amor Towles follows 2 brothers on an epic road trip in fine new novel ‘The Lincoln Highway’
- Delayed Van Gogh show gets a new opening date in Seattle though still no location
CNN said it has also hired political consultant Angela Rye as an analyst. The Washington-based Rye is former executive director of the Congressional Black Caucus.